Mixing nostalgia with technology, Hasbro released the Auto-Converting Optimus Prime, a collector's edition of the iconic Transformers protagonist that is voice-activated. The 19" action figure has in-built hardware that enables it to transform without any external help. The Auto-Converting Optimus Prime also has integrated software that comes with the ability to pilot the toy directly through its mobile app or have the action figure operate autonomously through 25 preset voice commands. Given the complexity of the software, the toy can also be programmed with custom commands.
The Auto-Converting Optimus Prime sports the Autobot leader's classic red and blue color scheme. The toy is made up of over 5,000 components and contains 27 servo motors and 60 microchips to handle all of the complicated internal processes. The Auto-Converting Optimus Prime model retails for $700 and is available on the Hasbro website.
Image Credit: dlmag, Hasbro
Hasbro's Limited-Edition Auto-Converting Optimus Prime is Voice-Activated
1. Voice-activated Toys - Develop voice-activated toys with built-in hardware and software for a more immersive experience.
2. Autonomous Action Figures - Create autonomous action figures that can operate through preset voice commands or custom programming for added flexibility.
3. Customizable Toys - Explore creating customizable toys that can be programmed with personalized voice commands and functionalities for unique experiences.
1. Toy Manufacturing - There is an opportunity for toy manufacturers to incorporate advanced technology into their products and create immersive experiences for users.
2. Artificial Intelligence - Develop artificial intelligence technology that can power voice-activated toys and autonomous action figures for more seamless interactions.
3. Consumer Electronics - Enter the market of smart home and personal devices with customizable toys that can interact with other devices and create a more interconnected user experience.