What will certainly draw people to the Auto Family Home immediately is the expansive pair of green roofs that rise up from the larger yard in broad strips. Naturally, the interior program of such an unconventionally abstract dwelling would be sure to intrigue, yet there's another unexpected feature to this project that one would come to uncover.
It's clear that the lower of the crisscrossing volumes incorporates a garage, with the way that the driveway leads right to the facade. What you don't see from the outside, however, is that the cobblestone path continues up through a great length of the building, which is long and open and lined with a set of steps. This part of the Kwk Promes Auto Family Home doubles as a flexible art gallery.
The Auto Family Home Sits Below Two Raised Strips of Lush Grass
1. Green Roofs - The rising trend of building green roofs to promote sustainable urbanization and tackle climate change provides an opportunity for innovation in green technology and material science.
2. Multipurpose Architecture - The emerging trend of integrating multiple functions under one roof presents an opportunity to optimize the use of space and resources, while adding value and versatility to buildings.
3. Artistic Architecture - The growing trend of infusing creativity and artistry into architectural design offers opportunities to incorporate innovative materials, shapes and forms, as well as turn buildings into public art displays.
1. Green Technology - The green roof trend creates opportunities for companies in the green technology industry to develop sustainable and energy-efficient roofing solutions, such as smart roofs and living walls, that benefit both the environment and human health.
2. Real Estate - The multipurpose architecture trend presents opportunities for real estate developers to create buildings that adapt to changing needs and demands, such as mixed-use buildings that include residential, commercial, cultural and entertainment spaces.
3. Art and Design - The artistic architecture trend creates opportunities for artists and designers to collaborate with architects and builders to create buildings that not only look great, but also tell stories, convey emotions, and reflect cultural values.