To help adults with autism have a better chance for success in securing employment, Coding Autism has launched a new program that is specifically designed to teach this booming population how to code. Out of all the adults on the autism spectrum, over 80% of them are either unemployed or underemployed. Coding Autism wants to change this for the better.
Adults with autism often face a wide variety of challenges from social interactions to living independently. One of the biggest challenges is finding employment. Even though there are over one million adults and three million children in the US with autism, there are not many programs specifically geared towards teaching this group important real-world job skills.
To help fund the program, and allow contributors to provide for scholarships so that the entire 15-person first class can attend tuition-free, Coding Autism has launched a crowdfunding campaign.
Many companies now recognize that adults with autism can be exceptional employees and drive innovation when provided the right structure, mentorship and on-boarding. Adults with autism just need to be given the opportunity to shine.
'Coding Autism' Teaches Programming to Adults with Autism
1. Autistic Adult Coding Classes - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Creating coding programs specifically designed for adults with autism to enhance their employment opportunities.
2. Supporting Adults with Autism - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Developing programs and resources tailored to support the unique challenges faced by adults on the autism spectrum, thus enabling them to lead more independent lives.
3. Crowdfunding for Autism Programs - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Leveraging crowdfunding platforms to raise funds for initiatives like Coding Autism, allowing for the expansion of much-needed programs for individuals with autism.
1. Education - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Integrating coding and technology education into curriculum that caters to adults with autism, promoting their skills development and career growth.
2. Employment Services - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Providing specialized employment services and placement agencies that focus on matching individuals with autism with suitable job opportunities, thus addressing the high unemployment rates within this population.
3. Social Impact Investing - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Encouraging social impact investors to invest in programs and organizations that support individuals with autism, leading to the creation and expansion of innovative initiatives like Coding Autism.