The majority of streaming services are powered by algorithms that will suggest new songs or artists based on your existing preferences, but 'Aurafy' looks to take things in a bit of a different direction.
The app works by being connected to your Apple Music or Spotify account to let users automatically share what they're listening to with their friends to help them out in their quest to find the best tunes. This acts as a way for followers to get suggestions on what they could listen to and vice-versa to bring an inherent social aspect to the streaming experience.
The 'Aurafy' app identifies the increasingly decentralized life that many consumers are leading that is putting a stronger focus on digital socialization services to keep them connected to their friends.
'Aurafy' Lets Friends See What You're Listening to for Suggestions
1. Music Library Sharing - A trend that focuses on bringing social aspects to the streaming experience and providing music suggestions to friends.
2. Decentralized Socialization Services - A trend where apps aim to keep consumers connected to their friends in an increasingly decentralized life.
3. Algorithmic Personalization Alternatives - A trend where apps are exploring personalization alternatives beyond algorithms for providing music suggestions to users.
1. Streaming Services - Streaming services can seize the opportunity to offer a more personalized social experience to users through music library sharing.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms can explore decentralization concepts to keep users connected to their friends and provide a shared streaming experience.
3. Music Discovery Apps - Music discovery apps can explore how to personalize music suggestions for users beyond algorithmic approaches.