The Nikon TV commercials starring Ashton Kutcher were launched yesterday nation wide. The commercials, reportedly, will be shown in trendy locales such as boutiques, hotels and upscale stores.
"The campaign highlights the exquisite styling, fashionable colors, simplicity and great performance of Nikon's Style series compact digital cameras," says I4U News.
Implications - Crowded markets means brands must grab consumer attention any way they can. Celebrities are still a go-to for brands hoping to engage adoring fans. As consumers continue to idolize celebrities and take to heart what they say, do or wear, using a celebrity spokesperson to promote a brand's products continues to be an effective method in any marketing plan.
Ashton Kutcher in Nikon Ad
1. Crowded Markets - Opportunity for brands to stand out by grabbing consumer attention through innovative marketing strategies.
2. Celebrity Brand Endorsements - Continued effectiveness of using celebrity spokespersons to promote products as consumers idolize and engage with celebrities.
3. Consumer Influence - Growing influence of consumers taking to heart what celebrities say, do, or wear, creating opportunities for brands to tap into this influence.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in creating innovative marketing campaigns that stand out in crowded markets.
2. Consumer Goods - Opportunity to leverage celebrity brand endorsements to drive consumer engagement and sales in the competitive consumer goods industry.
3. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the influence of celebrities by partnering with celebrity spokespersons to promote their products and increase brand visibility.