This art-focused eyewear collection wants ordinary people to see the world through an artist's eyes. Arts philanthropist Liz Swig has worked with designers Vik Muniz and Hiroshi Sugimoto on a new collection for Selima Optique.
Swig believes that it is important for artists to be associated with luxury brands and works feverishly to provide artistic types with these high-end resources. Each of the limited-edition pairs are signed and represent a piece of artwork unto itself. Apart from each unique design, Brazilian artist Muniz is responsible for the distinct packaging that is essentially a unique portable cabinet. The most interesting piece from the art-focused eyewear is a pair called 'Oculist Witnesses,' which features seven interchangeable lenses that each provide a different tint.
Arts Advocate Liz Swig Headed an Art-Focused Eyewear Collection
1. Art-inspired Eyewear - Combining art and eyewear to create unique and limited edition pieces that elevate the status quo.
2. Brand Collaboration - Partnering with artists and designers to produce exclusive and artistic products for luxury brands.
3. Interchangeable Lenses - Creating eyewear with interchangeable lenses that serve different functions and purposes.
1. Fashion and Eyewear - This trend creates opportunities for luxury fashion brands to showcase exclusive products that appeal to art and fashion enthusiasts.
2. Art and Design - This trend allows artists to collaborate with fashion and eyewear brands to create unique and limited edition products that cater to a niche market.
3. Packaging Design - This trend offers opportunities for designers to create distinctive and portable packaging that reflects the unique vision and identity of a brand.