Arte Antwerp is a fashion label based in Belgium and it recently unveiled its Spring/Summer 2019 collection, drawing inspiration from its own hometown and harbor. It also directly highlights West Africa's Dakar of Senegal location, translating design cues onto pieces such as tees, shirts, trousers, sweaters, jackets, and more.
The seasonal pieces are modeled by a group of Senegalese boys and the lookbook is set in the City of Dakar. The aesthetic captures the muted monochromatic themes of the concrete architecture in the city -- this contrasts against the bright color palette that the pieces are completed in including bright pink, light blue, and salmon hues. The design cues also embody a sense of preppy influence along with workwear shapes as well.
Photo Credits: Jef Claes
Belgian Fashion Label Arte Antwerp Introduces Its SS19 Capsule
1. Preppy Influence - Opportunity for brands to incorporate preppy-inspired elements into their menswear collections for a fresh and stylish look.
2. Hometown Inspiration - Potential for fashion labels to draw inspiration from their own hometowns and local cultures to create unique and authentic designs.
3. Model Diversity - A chance for brands to feature models from diverse backgrounds, such as the Senegalese boys in this collection, to showcase inclusivity and broaden their customer base.
1. Fashion - Fashion labels can explore incorporating local and cultural inspirations to create innovative and distinctive collections.
2. Photography - Photographers can capture fashion lookbooks in unique and unconventional locations to create visually striking and memorable imagery.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Brands can embrace diverse and inclusive representation in their campaigns to connect with a wider audience and promote social awareness.