There happens to be a lot of great wheelchair designs out there that make life easier, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of designs or even products out there that help make the users' lives healthier -- until Arcus Pilates, that is. It looks like a treadmill without the tread or all of the technology behind it. This stationary piece of equipment facilitates upper-body Pilates workouts.
Conceived by Brazilian designer Giorgia Roepke in collaboration with students Vanessa Spanholi and Fernanda Gomes Faust, Arcus Pilates not only provides a great exercise routine to help build upper body strength, it also relieves back, shoulder and neck pains that result from being stuck in a seated position constantly. I can only hope that someone decides to produce Arcus Pilates.
Arcus Pilates Builds Upper-Body Strength and Relieves Muscle Tension
1. Wheelchair Fitness Equipment - Arcus Pilates demonstrates the potential for innovative fitness equipment designed specifically for wheelchair users.
2. Upper-body Rehabilitation - Arcus Pilates addresses the need for upper-body strength and flexibility exercises for individuals in wheelchairs, creating opportunities for innovative rehabilitation programs.
3. Inclusive Health and Wellness - The emergence of Arcus Pilates highlights the need for inclusive health and wellness solutions that cater to the specific needs of wheelchair users.
1. Fitness Equipment Manufacturing - Manufacturers in the fitness equipment industry can explore the production of specialized exercise equipment for wheelchair users, such as Arcus Pilates.
2. Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services - Healthcare and rehabilitation service providers can incorporate wheelchair-friendly upper-body exercise programs, like Arcus Pilates, into their offerings to address the needs of their wheelchair-bound patients.
3. Disability and Accessibility Technology - The development of innovative solutions, like Arcus Pilates, in the disability and accessibility technology sector opens up opportunities for creating inclusive products and services for wheelchair users.