Oooh. Record or watch TV with up to 100gb of storage on the Archos AV-500 Portable Media Player. The 4" color screen can be used to watch your previously recorded videos, or videos you tape with the units built in movie camera.
Capacity: 30 GB* Hard drive 100 GB* Hard drive
store up to 130 hours of video1, 85 movies1, 15,000 songs1 or 300,000 photos1 store up to 400 hours of video1, 250 movies1, 55,000 songs1 or 1,000,000 photos1
Display: 4" LCD 480x272 pixels, 262 000 colours and TV output.
Video recording: MPEG-46 SP and stereo sound, optimised resolution for TV up to 640x480 @ 30 f/s, in AVI format.
Video playback: MPEG-46 SP with B-Frames with stereo sound. Near DVD quality up to 720x480 @ 30 f/s (NTSC), 720x576 @ 25 f/s (PAL), AVI file format. WMV9 (including protected files) up to 352x288 @ 30 f/s, and 800 KBit/s4.
Music recording: From an analog source in stereo sound for WAV (PCM & ADPCM) format.
Music playback: Stereo MP3 decoding @ 30-320 kb/s CBR & VBR, WMA (including protected WMA files), WAV (PCM & ADPCM).
Photo viewer: JPEG (except progressives) or BMP.
Download photos from computer through USB 2.0 port.
Transfer photos from digital camera3 through USB Host port.
AV connections: Earphones / Audio & Video line out.
TV pod with video pass through, AV in & out cables (SCART In & Out for European version) and IR emitter cable for tuner control of VCR, cable box or satellite receiver.
Speaker: Built-in speaker.
Interfaces: USB 2.0 high-speed device, compatible USB 1.1, PC & Mac.
USB Host port compatible Mass Storage Device.
Battery life: Up to 15 hours5 for music.
Up to 4.5 hours5 for video on built-in LCD.
Removable battery (additional battery - optional - 3 different models)
Scalability: Download firmware updates from www.archos.com
Minimum system requirements: For TV, VCR, Cable box, or satellite receiver connection:
Audio & video in/out RCA jacks (connection TV cable(s) provided in box - including SCARTs for EU version)
For computer connection:
â€¢ Minimum computer configuration:
PC with Windows® ME, or 2000, and USB 2.0 port. Macintosh® G3 with MAC OS v10.2.4 or higher, Macintosh® G3 and USB 2.0 port.
â€¢ Minimum configuration for Playsforsureâ„¢ content:
PC with Windows® XP SP1 or higher operating system, Windows Media® Player 10 or higher, and USB 2.0 port.
Power source: Internal: rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery.
External: AC charger/adapter.
Dimensions: For 30 GB* model approx.: 7.6 x 12.4 x 1.8 cm - 3 x 4.9 x 0.7 "
For 100 GB* model approx.: 7.6 x 12.4 x 2.4 cm - 3 x 4.9 x 0.9 "
For 100 GB* model with optional super battery pack approx.:
7.6 x 12.4 x 3.2 cm - 3 x 4.9 x 1.2 "
Weight: For 30 GB* model: 255 g - 8.99 oz
For 100 GB* model: 315 g - 11.11 oz
For 100 GB* model with optional super battery pack approx.: 430 g - 15.16 oz
Package includes: AV 500, USB 2.0 cable, USB host adapter, AC adapter & charger, stereo headphones, protective case, user guide, TV Pod, remote control (with batteries), audio/video cables (SCART in and SCART out for European version).
1. Portable Media Players - The Archos AV-500 Portable Media Player represents the trend of portable media players that allow for recording and watching TV, as well as storing large amounts of media content.
2. Increased Storage Capacity - The AV-500's option for a 100 GB hard drive highlights the trend of portable devices with increased storage capacity, allowing for the storage of hundreds of hours of video, movies, songs, and photos.
3. High-quality Video and Audio Playback - The AV-500's ability to playback near-DVD quality video and stereo sound showcases the trend of portable media players with advanced video and audio playback capabilities.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can benefit from the trend of portable media players, as it offers opportunities to develop innovative devices with improved functionality and greater storage capacity.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage the trend of portable media players to create and distribute content specifically optimized for on-the-go consumption, tapping into a new market of mobile viewers.
3. Information Technology - The IT industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by developing software solutions and applications that enhance the functionality and user experience of portable media players.