Apple revealed an 8GB model of its special edition iPod Nano, the new model holds up to 2,000 songs, and joins Apple's 4GB model. Both devices come in red aluminum cases and a claimed 24 hours of battery life. The red nanos were designed by U2 lead singer Bono and Bobby Shriver. The new 8GB model will sell for $249, while 4GB model will remain $199.
Apple will donate $10 from each sale to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Bono and Oprah Winfrey go the streets of Chicago in a high profile "paint the town red" shopping spree to promote the campaign.
"Customer response to the iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition has been off the charts," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of Worldwide iPod Product Marketing in a statement. "We're thrilled to add a second model with 8GB of capacity, enough for 2,000 songs, so customers have yet another choice in supporting this important cause."
1. Special Edition Ipod Nano - Opportunity for companies to create special edition versions of their products to support a cause.
2. Donation-based Marketing Campaigns - Opportunity for businesses to create marketing campaigns that donate a portion of sales to a charitable cause.
3. Celebrity Collaborations - Opportunity for brands to partner with celebrities to design and promote special edition products.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can explore the idea of creating special edition products that support a cause.
2. Fashion and Accessories - Fashion and accessories companies can collaborate with celebrities to design and promote special edition products that raise funds for charity.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can help brands create donation-based marketing campaigns that generate awareness and support for a cause.