The recipients of these apocalyptic Christmas cards are sure to have their hopes of a cheery Christmas dashed. These depressing designs are the result of a Photoshop contest conducted by Crestock.
The theme of the contest was doom and gloom and toom--at least, in so many words. The post-apocalyptic images feature gas masks galore and downtrodden elves, Santa Claus and reindeer.
Way to kill the Christmas spirit, Crestock...
Implications - There are certain events and occasions that instruct consumers on the ways in which they are supposed to behave and feel. Often these portrayals are not accurate and consumers are without any sources of relief. Businesses that provide comical or ironic alternatives will appeal to a large number of consumers.
Photoshopped Seasonal Gloom
1. Alternative Christmas Themes - Businesses can disrupt the traditional holiday season by offering comical or ironic alternatives to cheery Christmas cards.
2. Post-apocalyptic Design - The trend of post-apocalyptic imagery in design offers opportunities for businesses to create unique and edgy products.
3. Doom and Gloom Aesthetic - The growing popularity of doom and gloom aesthetics opens up possibilities for businesses to cater to consumers who appreciate darker themes and designs.
1. Online Card Retailers - Online card retailers can capitalize on the trend of alternative Christmas themes by offering a wide range of unconventional and humorous card designs.
2. Graphic Design and Illustration - Graphic design and illustration professionals can take advantage of the post-apocalyptic design trend to create eye-catching and edgy visual content for various industries.
3. Art and Home Decor - The doom and gloom aesthetic trend presents opportunities for businesses in the art and home decor industry to create and sell products that cater to consumers who appreciate darker and more unconventional designs.