Apnee Sehat is a social enterprise focusing on the South Asian community in Britain. Its goal is to promote healthy living through a variety of means including healthy eating advice, recipe ideas, consulting, cooking education, shopping tours, educational resources, training, evaluation and outcome, database management and opportunistic screening.
Certain communities are more at risk for particular illnesses and diseases. For example, sickle cell is a disease that affects mostly black people. As a result, those communities should be targeted so that not only they can receive the services they need, but also that that awareness can be raised in the appropriate locations and through appropriate measures.
Apnee Sehat website
Apnee Sehat Facebook
Apnee Sehat is a Social Enterprise Promoting Lifestyle Choices
1. Community Health Promotion - Opportunities for social enterprises to promote healthy living within specific communities, such as the South Asian community in Britain.
2. Targeted Healthcare Services - The need for healthcare services that cater to the specific needs of at-risk communities, like black people who are prone to illnesses such as sickle cell disease.
3. Disease Awareness and Education - The importance of raising awareness and educating communities about specific diseases to ensure timely prevention, management, and support.
1. Social Enterprise - Opportunities for social enterprises to provide targeted health services and resources catering to specific communities.
2. Healthcare - The potential for healthcare industry to develop specialized services and programs for at-risk communities.
3. Community Engagement - The need for community organizations and initiatives to actively engage with diverse communities in promoting health, wellness, and disease prevention.