The latest Angry Birds-themed item comes in the form of the 'Angry Planes' t-shirt, which is a clever take on the fiery avians.
The 'Angry Planes' is a shirt designed by Will Schneider that depicts the birds as fighter jets. Each one has been given the vintage, gun-toting, missile-firing aircrafts aesthetic treatment -- they look like they were designed to wipe out enemies from above. This is actually a really clever interpretation since the whole idea of Angry Birds is that they attack airborne; therefore what better way to represent them than in the form of a fighter jet? All the characters are represented in some shape and form as a plane that's ready to pummel the pigs who probably have no idea what's in store.
The 'Angry Planes' shirt makes a great gift for those who just can't get enough of the iPhone game.
'Angry Planes' Depicts the Characters Ready to Strike
1. Animated Character Fashion - There's an opportunity for fashion companies to create clothing lines with animated characters as the main design element, similar to the 'Angry Planes' t-shirt.
2. Nostalgia-inspired Design - Brands can tap into the trend of using vintage aesthetics in modern design by incorporating nostalgic design elements, such as old-school fighter jets, like the 'Angry Planes' shirt.
3. Crossover Merchandising - There's potential for collaborations between different brands and franchises to create unique merchandise, like the 'Angry Planes' t-shirt that combines the Angry Birds game with aviation-inspired design.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can capitalize on the trend of incorporating animated characters into their designs, specifically by creating clothing lines featuring popular characters.
2. Gaming - Gaming companies can create merchandise collaborations with other brands and franchises to expand their market reach and offer unique products to their fans.
3. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can experiment with incorporating nostalgic design elements into modern designs to create unique and eye-catching visuals, such as the vintage fighter jet aesthetic of the 'Angry Planes' t-shirt.