As far as unsettling fashion photoshoots go, the 'Angel on the Beach' series by Manoj Jadhav is topnotch. Although images of scrapes, cuts and blood are certainly not the most pleasant thing in the world, they produce reactions in viewers.
From angel wings to splotches of blood, Manoj Jadhav cleverly juxtaposes angel-like aesthetics with gore to create a striking contrast that grabs attention. He also manages to do this in an elegant way that still maintains an element of prettiness.
The model's beauty coupled with the balanced composition of the photography help to keep the Angel on the Beach aesthetically appealing despite its macabre accents. In fact, the red blood actually matches much of the model's clothing and accessories.
The 'Angel on the Beach' Series is Gory and Elegant
1. Macabre Beauty - There is an opportunity for makeup and beauty companies to create products that are inspired by the macabre aesthetics used in 'Angel on the Beach' photoshoots.
2. Dark Elegance - Fashion designers can explore the idea of incorporating macabre elements into elegantly designed clothing, similar to what is seen in the 'Angel on the Beach' series.
3. Beauty in Gore - There is an opportunity to create visual art that highlights the beauty in gore and blood, similar to the aesthetic of 'Angel on the Beach' photoshoots.
1. Makeup - Makeup companies can develop products inspired by the macabre beauty of 'Angel on the Beach' photoshoots.
2. Fashion - Fashion designers can incorporate the macabre aesthetics used in 'Angel on the Beach' photoshoots into their designs.
3. Visual Art - Visual artists can create art that highlights the beauty in gore and blood, similar to the aesthetic of 'Angel on the Beach' photoshoots.