This analog smartwatch is inspired by a font popular with hipsters. From Swiss watch maker Mondaine, the Helvetica No. 1 Smart has a minimalist style while boasting smart capabilities.
Mixing classic design and new technology, the timepiece is similar to Mondaine's line of typeface-themed watches but with integrated intelligent technology. The features include sleep monitoring, fitness tracking and an accompanying app, which are found in its sub dial.
The uncomplicated looking wrist watch offers an unpretentious design alternative for consumers compared to other, flashier smartwatches that are available commercially such as the Moto 360 or even the Apple Watch. The analog smartwatch is being presented for the first time at Basel World on March 19, 2015.
This Helvetica-Inspired Analog Smartwatch Features Swiss Design
1. Typeface-themed Smartwatches - Exploring smartwatches that incorporate design elements inspired by typography.
2. Minimalist Analog Smartwatches - Embracing the simplicity of analog design while incorporating smart capabilities.
3. Integrating Classic Design with Technology - Blending traditional aesthetics with modern features to create innovative products.
1. Watch and Timepiece Manufacturing - Opportunity to develop typeface-themed smartwatches with integrated smart capabilities.
2. Typography and Design - Potential for collaboration in creating unique smartwatches inspired by popular fonts.
3. Consumer Electronics - Introducing minimalist analog smartwatches as an alternative to traditional smartwatches.