Windows Vista's â€œFun up your homeâ€ ad is definitely a competitive response to Apple's innovative and playful ad campaigns.
Created by New Zealand ad agency Y&R, these ads were designed to promote the fact that Windows Vista allows users to access their phone, music, and photos from their PC.
They try to convey the idea of the home as a theme park of entertainment.
Implications - Since Apple has come out with so many creative ads, tech companies are starting to up their game so that they can play to win. Microsoft's new ads are certainly creative and feature a picture of a house that is fully inflatable and a bumper car inside a garage.
Windows Vista Challenges You To “Fun Up Your Home”
1. Competitive Response Advertising - The trend of tech companies creating innovative and playful advertisements in response to their competitors.
2. Home as Theme Park - The trend of portraying the home as a place of endless entertainment and excitement.
3. Accessing Media From PC - The trend of allowing users to easily access their phone, music, and photos from their computer.
1. Advertising - Opportunity for ad agencies to create innovative and playful advertisements for tech companies.
2. Home Entertainment - Opportunity to develop products and services that enhance the entertainment experience within the home.
3. Tech Products - Opportunity to create devices and software that allow seamless access to media from computers.