Folding mobile technology is positioned to revolutionize the industry and provide consumers with a different yet familiar experience, which is evident with new solutions like the Sharp Foldable AMOLED smartphone that was recently unveiled.
The prototype smartphone features a durable AMOLED display that is 6.18 inches in size, with a resolution of 3,040 by 1,440 pixels. The folding functionality of the smartphone allows it to reveal its expansive display when needed for performing tasks and hiding it away in a compact frame for easily carrying it without any unnecessary heft.
The Sharp Foldable AMOLED smartphone is reported by the company to withstand 300,000 bending cycles to ensure it's ready for continued opening and closing each day without showing signs of wear or tear.
The Sharp Foldable AMOLED Smartphone is Compact
1. Foldable Smartphone Technology - Manufacturers can explore creating foldable smartphones with durable and expansive displays that offer both portability and functionality.
2. Familiar-yet-different User Experience - Companies can develop products that provide users with a new smartphone experience that still incorporates familiar touch-based interfaces and feature sets.
3. Durability and Robustness - Technologists can design and create mobile devices that are more robust than conventional smartphones, providing users with more durable options that can be used for a longer period of time.
1. Smartphone Manufacturing - Smartphone manufacturers can develop their next generation of devices based on foldable technology that are durable, feature-rich, and most importantly, offer a unique experience to its users.
2. Mobile Device Accessories - Companies that sell mobile device accessories can explore creating accessories that are specifically designed for foldable smartphones, such as protective cases, screen protectors, and charging docks.
3. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics manufacturers can explore and create new opportunities in the market place by designing and manufacturing foldable devices, such as laptops and tablets, that provide consumers with a new and somewhat unique experience.