This year in the American Apparel Halloween 2014 catalog, there are a few costumes that make reference to some of the expressive emojis that you can find on your phone. Since there's not a lot of shading or dimension to the emojis, this makes replicating the costumes super easy, especially since you'll just need to acquire a few garments in a plain color.
Some of the fun emoji-inspired costumes that American Apparel has created this year include a boy and girl holding hands, two boys holding hands, the cha-cha dancer in the red dress and the twin dancers in black leotards. In real life, these costumes might seem a little abstract at first, but once you see what they're going for, they're pretty spot on.
These Expressive American Apparel Halloween Costume Ideas Turn to Texting
1. Emoji-inspired Costumes - Costumes inspired by emojis are becoming more popular for Halloween and other events.
2. Minimalist Costume Design - The trend of simple and easy-to-replicate costume designs is growing in popularity.
3. Pop Culture References - Costumes that reference popular culture, specifically social media trends, are gaining momentum.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion and apparel companies can capitalize on the growing demand for minimalist and pop culture-inspired costumes.
2. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can use minimalist costume designs to market their productions.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can offer emoji-inspired costume options as a fun and unique addition to their services.