Amazon's Prime Bike is set to rival the fan-favorite Peloton bike, offering consumers the connected fitness tool at a quarter of the price.
Made in tandem with the fitness brand Echelon, this bike is set to offer “an unmatched cycling experience.” Complete with connective abilities, the device boasts live streamed fitness classes that are led by professional trainers, as well as mesmerizing solo scenic rides. COVID-19 has led to a surge of at-home fitness, and the popularity of the stationary bike is a direct result of that. With this cheaper connected bike, Amazon is aiming to appeal to consumers who are looking to spend more time indoors as social distancing guidelines are still in place, and as winter approaches.
Image Credit: Echelon
Amazon's Prime Bike is an Alternative to Other Connected Bikes
1. Connected Fitness Bikes - The rise of connected fitness bikes offers disruptive opportunities for innovative companies to tap into the growing at-home fitness market.
2. Affordable Alternatives - The emergence of more affordable connected bikes presents a disruptive innovation opportunity to attract cost-conscious consumers.
3. Virtual Fitness Classes - The increasing popularity of live streamed fitness classes creates a space for disruptive innovation in the virtual fitness industry.
1. Fitness Equipment Manufacturing - The connected fitness bike trend opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing of affordable and feature-rich exercise equipment.
2. E-commerce - The growing demand for connected bikes and fitness equipment presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for e-commerce platforms to cater to at-home fitness enthusiasts.
3. Virtual Fitness Platforms - The rising popularity of virtual fitness classes necessitates disruptive innovation in the development and expansion of platforms that offer interactive workout experiences from home.