Altruette charms were designed specifically to help support good causes and nonprofits. They come in a range of designs according to the cause they benefit, allowing the wearer to help promote the organization and drive awareness to the issue. In addition, 50% of the profits from every Altruette charm go toward the appropriate cause partners.
The social jewelry business was started by two former Fortune Magazine journalists whose inspiration came largely from the social entrepreneurs and philanthropists they interviewed.
"We couldn't help but be inspired," Lee Clifford and Julie Schlosser say on Altruette.com. "Still, at the end of the day, we found there was never enough time (or, as journalists, money) to support all the causes we cared about. So at the end of 2009 we left the world of journalism to launch a line of philanthropic jewelry that would raise money and awareness for non-profits we admire."
Their intention was to create a line of jewelry that doesn't just make a fashion statement -- it makes a social statement, and helps spread the word about something the wearer is passionate about.
Altruette on Twitter
Altruette on Facebook
Every Altruette Charm Design Goes Toward a Different Nonprofit
1. Social Jewelry for Causes - Creating jewelry that not only makes a fashion statement but also supports and promotes specific causes, allowing wearers to make a social statement.
2. Philanthropic Fashion - Combining fashion and philanthropy to raise money and awareness for non-profits and drive social change.
3. Awareness-driven Accessories - Designing accessories that not only serve as a fashion statement but also help spread awareness about important issues.
1. Jewelry - Creating jewelry lines that are dedicated to supporting and promoting specific causes, allowing customers to express their values through fashion.
2. Fashion Retail - Incorporating philanthropic initiatives into fashion retail by offering accessories that give back to non-profit organizations, attracting socially conscious consumers.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - Exploring the potential of combining business and social impact by creating companies that utilize fashion and accessories to raise money and awareness for important causes.