It’s easy to confuse these Alexey Morosov sculptures for works from the Renaissance. After all, Morosov puts so much care and attention into replicating human likeness that you’d think his work was produced by the great Michelangelo. But what sets this talented Russian sculptor’s pieces apart from the creations of the grand masters is his inclusion of modern day technology. Who could have guessed pairing angelic statues of women with the visual monstrosity that is the Segway PT could amount to such beautiful art?
For his sculpture Terra Megido, Alexey Morosov depicts two ladies each on their own personal transport vehicles as they examine the wreckage of an airplane. He does so again in his bronze statue series Currus, which also features two differently posed women on Segway PTs. These masterpieces will surely bewilder people centuries from now.
Alexey Morosov Crafts Statues of Women Using the Odd Personal Transport
1. Segway Sculpture Art - Artists can incorporate modern technology into their traditional art, creating new and unique pieces.
2. Women in Modern Sculpture - Taking a traditional art form and portraying modern women on Segway PTs can give a modern feminist twist to art.
3. Technological Integration in Sculpture - The use of modern technology in traditional art forms like sculptures opens up endless possibilities for innovation.
1. Art - There is an opportunity for artists to modernize traditional art forms and experiment with the use of new technology to create new art pieces.
2. Technology - Companies in the technology industry could collaborate with artists to create new and innovative art pieces incorporating emerging technologies.
3. Tourism - Cities that host modern sculptures may attract tourists interested in viewing unique and innovative pieces of art.