This Google maps-based app, called Hosted Walks, allows visitors to NYC to avoid tourist traps by taking an Airbnb New York tour entirely curated and hosted by locals.
During New York Advertising Week, when any Google user in the city searches a touristy destination such as Central Park or Times Square, their first result will be an ad asking them if they would like to see New York like a local. Clicking on the offer will bring them to a special Airbnb New York Google map. Users can input their destination, and locations of interest submitted by Airbnb New York hosts will appear along their route. Each destination is accompanied by a text and audio blurb for its submitter.
With the Airbnb New York guide, visitors can discover cafes, restaurants, shops and art galleries that they never would have from a guide book.
The Airbnb New York City Map is Created and Guided by Local Hosts
1. Locally Curated Tours - Opportunity for businesses to create and offer curated tours led by locals in popular tourist destinations.
2. Travel Customization - Opportunity for travel industry to provide personalized experiences tailored to individual preferences and interests.
3. Collaboration with Locals - Opportunity for businesses to collaborate with local hosts and influencers to offer unique and authentic experiences for travelers.
1. Tourism - The tourism industry can leverage locally curated tours to enhance the travel experiences of visitors.
2. Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can partner with local hosts and offer curated tours to enhance their guests' stay.
3. Technology - Technology companies can develop platforms and apps to facilitate the creation and booking of locally curated tours.