Agustina Woodgate Recycles Discarded Stuffed Animals
The Agustina Woodgate rug collection features hand-sewn designs made from recycled stuffed animals. The process starts by rescuing discarded teddy bears, cutting them open and then stitching their parts into intricate arrangements. The Argentinian artist's aim is to not only to act as a reference to the “personal histories of the toy's owners, but investigate the rug as an object organizing and displaying memories and lineages.” The results are these beautiful, colorful and plush floor coverings by Agustina Woodgate.
1. Recycled Stuffed Animals - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create new products by repurposing discarded stuffed animals into unique designs.
2. Memory-inspired Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore creating products that evoke personal memories and histories through their design.
3. Upcycled Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop sustainable home decor options by transforming discarded materials into stylish and functional pieces.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate recycled and upcycled materials into artwork and design projects to create unique and eco-friendly creations.
2. Home Furnishings - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce sustainable and memory-inspired floor coverings and rugs to the home furnishings industry.
3. Toy Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships or collaborations with artists and designers to repurpose unsold or discarded toys into new products.