Fuel Industries has creates an Advergame of American Dad vs. Family Guy to help launch the American Dad DVD. The use of advergames is an excellent example of viral marketing.
"Special moves include Peter lighting his farts on fire and vomitting, Lois decaptitating people, and Roger bitch-slaps people." - Ad Rants
Implications - With businesses competing for consumers, more and more creative methods have been used to attract attention. Outside of funny commercials and vibrant print ads, viral marketing has become a popular choice. It arouses a sense of curiosity and it often calls consumers to be interactive which helps connect the two together. This movement provides a whole new strategy which can allow companies to reach a wide audience in various creative mediums.
American Dad Fights Family Guy to Promote DVD Release
1. Advergames - Using advergames as a viral marketing strategy offers an innovative way to engage customers and promote products.
2. Viral Marketing - Implementing viral marketing techniques encourages consumer interaction and curiosity, leading to increased brand awareness.
3. Interactive Advertising - Leveraging interactive advertising methods, such as advergames, helps companies establish a deeper connection with consumers.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can capitalize on advergames to promote movies, TV shows, and music releases in a more engaging way.
2. Gaming - The gaming industry can explore partnerships with advertisers to create advergames that appeal to their target audience and generate revenue.
3. Marketing and Advertising - In the marketing and advertising industry, incorporating advergames into campaigns can drive brand engagement and increase reach.