The chic adidas ZX series boasts footwear that is design-forward and performance-ready. In 2019, adidas Consortium enters into a collaboration with South African-based "O.G. trailblazer" Shelflife. The retailer brings exceptionally slick streetwear and footwear to consumers in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
The silhouette is a part of the adidas ZX series. Shelflife and the sportswear giant tackle the upper of the Consortium ZX4000. The new iteration boasts an incredibly chic aesthetic that has luxurious hits. The shoe is breathable and lightweight. The design features greyscale nubuck which is intercepted by "woven fabric underlays that evoke the historic craftsmanship of the retailers’ home country." A definite playful embellishment is an orange-accented jacquard-printed panel that is visible on the medial side of the foot, adding an interesting design component.
Photo Credits: Paul Ward
The adidas ZX Series is Given a Style Edge by Shelflife
1. Collaborative Shoe Designs - Opportunity for brands to collaborate with retailers and create design-forward and performance-ready footwear.
2. Chic Aesthetics in Footwear - Increasing demand for stylish and fashionable footwear that combines aesthetics with comfort and functionality.
3. Luxurious Hits in Footwear - Potential for incorporating luxurious elements into shoe designs to attract discerning consumers.
1. Footwear - Opportunity for footwear brands to explore collaborations and innovative designs to meet the growing demand for chic and stylish shoes.
2. Fashion Retail - Retailers can explore partnerships with sportswear brands to offer unique and fashion-forward footwear options to consumers.
3. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can leverage collaborations with established sportswear giants to create high-end and luxurious streetwear-inspired shoe designs.