adidas Originals by Alexander Wang returns for season four and it is designed with nostalgic elements in mind. The collection is comprised of five new footwear silhouettes and an expansive selection of apparel that draws inspiration from the concepts of reworking old items into new ones. The latest capsule evokes nostalgic elements by tapping into the label's archival content, reviving football jerseys, tees, dresses, track pants, and track tops. The new repurposing is designed in a way that well represents adidas and Alexander Wang's design aesthetics.
The sneakers are comprised of the Alexader Wang 'Skate Super,' the 'Turnout Trainer,' the 'Bball,' 'Puff Trainer,' and 'Futureshell.' Additionally, the campaign features custom-made gear using vintage adidas items to craft chairs, sleeping bags, and tents.
Image Credit: Brianna Capozzi
adidas Originals by Alexander Wang Draws Nostalgic Vibes
1. Recontextualized Fashion - Opportunity for brands to create new fashion items by repurposing old ones, tapping into nostalgia.
2. Collaborative Design - Potential for designers to collaborate with brands to create innovative and nostalgic collections.
3. Sustainable Footwear - Demand for eco-friendly sneakers made from repurposed materials and vintage items.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can explore reworking old items into new designs to meet consumer nostalgic desires.
2. Sportswear - Opportunity for sportswear brands to incorporate nostalgic elements and archival content in their collections.
3. Sustainable Design - Designers can create sustainable products by repurposing old items and materials, meeting the demand for eco-friendly fashion.