Express your opinion by tagging outdoor ads with a sticker. Ad Tagging is a rising guerrilla action where organized individuals are raising consumer awareness about ad quality by vandalizing ads with rating stickers. Adverblog tells us, "In Berlin and Seoul guerrilla "soldiers" have been tagging outdoor ads with personal evaluations delivering messages such as "this ad makes me sick", "I like this ad", "I find this campaign boring".
Implications - Ad tagging is an ingenious concept that allows consumers to reclaim part of the urban environment and express themselves. Engagement makes consumers feel like they are having a conversation with a brand as opposed to being spoken at/sold things. Companies should consider how they can leverage the concept of real-world interaction with their ads.
Express Your Opinion with a Sticker
1. Ad Tagging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Brands can leverage real-world interaction by incorporating ad tagging concepts into their advertising campaigns.
2. Consumer Empowerment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Companies can empower consumers by giving them a voice and allowing them to express their opinions on advertisements.
3. Guerrilla Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Brands can adopt guerrilla marketing tactics and encourage consumers to actively engage with their outdoor ads through tagging.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Advertisers can explore new ways to engage consumers by incorporating ad tagging techniques into their campaigns.
2. Outdoor Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Outdoor advertising companies can embrace ad tagging and leverage it as a unique selling point to attract brands and consumers.
3. Consumer Activism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Organizations focused on consumer activism can partner with ad tagging movements to further their cause and encourage brands to improve ad quality.