Lomography is bidding to bring to life a completely modernized and futuristic version of the classic and historic Daguerreotype Achromat lens from all the way back in 1839 which will be able to work in conjunction with your modern mirrorless or DSLR camera.
This lens is equipped with an optical design that allows it to produce the famous soft focus effect which can be employed by photographers looking to add a truly unique and ethereal aesthetic to your shots.
Ultimately, Lomography's ambitious reinvention and resuscitation of the classic Daguerreotype Achromat lens is part of an increasingly popular movement to take popular, classic and iconic artefacfts from the annals of photography history and bring them back to life in modernized packages for the discerning modern photographer.
This Achromat Lens Brings Iconic Aesthetics to Modern Cameras
1. Modernized Classic Lenses - The reinvention of iconic lenses from photography history presents disruptive innovation opportunities for manufacturers to cater to the demand for vintage aesthetics with modern functionality.
2. Soft Focus Photography - The introduction of lenses capable of producing the famous soft focus effect opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for photographers who want to achieve a unique and ethereal aesthetic in their shots.
3. Reviving Photography Artifacts - The growing popularity of bringing classic and iconic artifacts from photography history back to life in modernized packages provides disruptive innovation opportunities for companies to cater to the niche market of discerning modern photographers.
1. Camera Manufacturing - The reinvention of classic lenses creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for camera manufacturers to differentiate their products and cater to photographers seeking vintage aesthetics.
2. Photography Equipment - The introduction of lenses capable of producing the soft focus effect presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for photography equipment companies to offer specialized tools for photographers looking to achieve a unique aesthetic.
3. Photography Art Market - The revival of classic photography artifacts in modernized packages opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in the photography art market to cater to the demand for vintage-inspired collectibles among discerning modern photographers.