The Abbey Brothers Smug Magazine editorial is super gritty. It follows a badass gunslinging girl who doesn't seem to have a care in the world -- or perhaps has too many cares. Dark and dangerous, the photo shoot offers a raw vision of Americana. There is a strong sense of patriotism as well as a love for firearms that borders on a blatant disregard for safety.
Shot by New York-based photographer Michael Donovan for the publication's 5th issue, the Abbey Brothers Smug Magazine editorial showcases his crass and candid style. The American beauty was outfitted by Priscilla Polley. Polley mashed together two different looks, Western and '80s vintage, for ensembles that are sensually contemporary while complementing the overall theme.
The Abbey Brothers Smug Magazine Shoot is Raw and Patriotic
1. Gritty Editorials - Opportunity for brands to embrace raw and authentic storytelling in their marketing campaigns.
2. Patriotic Fashion - Chance for fashion brands to explore American patriotism in their designs and messaging.
3. Contemporary Vintage - Market for fashion brands to create modern interpretations of vintage styles.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate gritty and patriotic elements into their collections.
2. Editorial Photography - Opportunity for photographers to experiment with raw and candid styles in their work.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Brands can leverage the trend of gritty editorials to create impactful and authentic campaigns.