For better or worse, the 80s fashions are making a strong comeback in 2009. From the bright neon colors of the Marc Jacobs Fall 09 collection to leotards and big hair, it’s all coming back.
Dazed & Confused shows the 80s nostalgia in this sportswear editorial by photographer Mariano Vivanco and stylist Nicola Formichetti in its recent November 2008 issue.
The editorial features Jourdan Dunn, Lasse Pedersen, Iso Deljanin and Harry Goodwin dressed in “powerful sportswear classics” that “appear in a rainbow of colours with the strong and sexy attitude of an 80s workout.”
Dazed & Confused Gets Sweaty, 80s Style
1. 80s Fashion Comeback - Opportunity for fashion brands to capitalize on the nostalgia for 80s fashion and release collections inspired by the era.
2. Neon Colors Trend - Opportunity for cosmetic companies to create vibrant neon-colored makeup products to cater to the growing demand.
3. Sportswear Nostalgia - Opportunity for sportswear brands to re-release iconic 80s workout apparel with a modern twist to appeal to athleisure enthusiasts.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can leverage the resurgence of 80s fashion to create new lines or revive retro styles.
2. Cosmetics - Cosmetic companies can develop neon-colored makeup products to cater to the trend of vibrant and bold looks.
3. Sportswear - Sportswear brands have the opportunity to tap into the nostalgia for 80s workout fashion and release updated versions of iconic apparel.