These designs show that 80s inspired album art hasn’t been so conspicuous since the 80s.
Indie music is so multifarious there’s rarely a recent genre that can hold the audience’s attention for more than a song. There are some influences, though, that have a greater hold than others. Considering the age of most artists and musicians right now, 80s art album covers are no surprise. Also, the multi-colored, rainbow style of the era is fun—and indie music can be so melancholy it’s good to inject a little happiness.
Indie Records Feature Retro Rainbows & Spectrums
1. Retro Album Art - Opportunity for artists and designers to create modern versions of 80s-inspired album covers with a nostalgic twist.
2. Multifarious Indie Music - Potential for the development of new sub-genres within the indie music scene, blending influences from diverse musical eras.
3. Nostalgic Aesthetic - Chance for brands and marketers to leverage the popularity of 80s nostalgia by incorporating retro-inspired visuals into their campaigns.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can capitalize on the demand for 80s-inspired album covers by offering customized retro designs.
2. Music - Record labels can tap into the taste for multifarious indie music by curating and promoting artists that blend influences from different eras.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Brands can seize the opportunity to reach nostalgic audiences by incorporating nostalgic 80s aesthetics into their advertising campaigns.