Do you remember back in the day, when the pixeled watch icon would take over your mouse cursor on your Apple Macintosh computer? Well, if you don't, then this 8-bit Icon Watch will surely jog your memory.
The simple, yet geeky time teller is a retro wristwatch that incorporates a clumsy metaphor into its design.
Implications - Pixelated watches have come about due to a revived fascination with old school Nintendo games as well as an appreciation for geek culture. Businesses can use this retro revival as a tool to create and advertise their products. Making being a geek cool is a popular theme that is already being explored by different brands.
The 8-bit Icon Watch Brings Back Memories of Retro Macs
1. Revived Fascination with Retro Gaming - There is a trend of revived fascination with old school Nintendo games, opening up opportunities for businesses to create and advertise products that cater to this nostalgia.
2. Geek Culture Appreciation - The geek culture appreciation trend provides an opportunity for businesses to tap into the growing market of consumers who identify as geeks and create products that align with their interests.
3. Retro Revival - The retro revival trend allows businesses to capitalize on the popularity of nostalgia by creating and marketing products that have a vintage or retro aesthetic.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can use the revived fascination with retro gaming to design and sell devices that incorporate 8-bit or pixelated designs.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion and apparel brands can tap into the geek culture appreciation trend by creating and promoting clothing and accessories that celebrate retro gaming and geek culture.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can take advantage of the retro revival trend by developing campaigns that appeal to consumers' nostalgia and evoke a sense of nostalgia for the past.