The LittleArm, released by Slant Robotics, is a 3D-printed robot arm that anyone can play with.
The arm was invented on a weekend to just play with the Arduino. But after STEM teachers asked if it was a kit, Slant Robotics decided to turn the 3D-printed robot into an actual product. This is the first time that a 3D-printed robot arm has been make publicly available. Slant has figured out a way to create an arm that is both affordable and simple enough for the average person to use. But it is also advanced enough that skilled makers and researchers can use the arm as well.
This 3D-printed robot can be programmed using tools ranging from standard code to Blockly. But if you have no computer skills at all, a simple desktop software lets you program the robot to perform simple actions just by moving it through different positions.
The LittleArm is a 3D-printed robot that seems to have a lot of potential.
This Desktop Robot by Slant Robotics is Useful for STEM and Fun
1. Affordable 3d-printed Robot Arms - The release of the LittleArm is the first time 3D-printed robot technology has been affordably accessible to the general public, presenting a disruptive innovation opportunity for affordable robotic tools for consumers.
2. Simplified Programming Interfaces for Robotics - The LittleArm's ability to be programmed easily and without specific computer skills represents a trend towards simplified programming interfaces for robotics that can be used in a broader market of consumers and non-expert users.
3. Multi-use 3d-printed Robotics Technology - The LittleArm's potential for use as both an educational tool for STEM fields as well as more advanced research applications represents a trend towards 3D-printed robotics technology with a wider range of applications.
1. Education - The LittleArm presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for affordable and accessible robotics technology in the education industry, particularly for STEM fields and students.
2. Consumer Electronics - The LittleArm's accessibility and affordability presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the development of consumer robotics technology that can be used in the home and everyday life.
3. Research and Development - The LittleArm's capabilities and potential for customization present a disruptive innovation opportunity for the research and development industry, particularly in the fields of robotics and automation.