The future of vehicles is promising with V2V communication and context-aware technology that increases safety significantly; Jaguar's 360 Virtual Urban Windscreen is one great example of the latter. It is a piece of smart technology "that projects 'ghost vehicle' imagery to help the driver navigate their way around traffic," explains Digital Spy.
Although still in its concept phase, the 360 Virtual Urban Windscreen will essentially provide comprehensive visibility via cameras to make the pillars 'seem transparent when the driver looks towards them. It hopes to give the driver the right information at the right time. Jaguar research director Dr Wolfgang Epple says, "Our ultimate aim is to reduce road accidents and enhance the urban driving experience."
Jaguar's 360 Virtual Urban Windscreen Projects 'Ghost Vehicle' Imagery
1. V2V Communication - Opportunity for companies to develop and implement wireless communication between vehicles to enhance safety.
2. Context-aware Technology - Opportunity for companies to create technology like Jaguar's Urban Windscreen that provides drivers with necessary information in real-time to enhance their driving experience.
3. Smart Car Concepts - Opportunity for companies to innovate and develop features in vehicles that will provide drivers with enhanced overall driving experience and safety measures.
1. Automotive Industry - Opportunity for automotive companies to invest in R&D for smart technology in vehicles that enhance safety and provide a better driving experience.
2. Technology Industry - Opportunity for technology companies to develop sensors, communications, and other context-aware technologies that can integrate with smart cars for a better driving experience for end-users.
3. Insurance Industry - Opportunity for insurance companies to develop pricing models and incentives for smart car owners that have reduced risk of getting into traffic accidents, which will make roads safer for everyone.