I've seen some pretty fancy Christmas stockings, but never have I seen such an price tag on a piece of holiday fireplace decoration! The description for the brocade stocking is quite elaborate too, as one might expect.
"Sparkling with seasonal spirit, this elegant silk duchesse satin stocking glitters with a winter wonderland of faceted Swarovski crystal pendants, dazzling ice and chalk-white beads and glistening silver baguettes." Phew!
Really, it's just a massive sock, and with the credit crisis, it seems pretty outrageous for anyone to buy such a thing. Imagine the hungry bellies of the less fortunate you could feed with that amount of cash during the holidays!
If you really want a designer stocking, I suggest cracking open an issue of Martha Stewart and opting for the DIY route for optimal personalization on a budget!
(First image is the luxury stocking, the second and third are from hohoheel, the fourth is from Etsy and the others are Martha creations.)
Haute Couture Holiday Decor
1. Luxury Christmas Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to create high-end, personalized holiday decorations at more affordable prices.
2. DIY Personalization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop tools, kits, and resources for individuals to create their own customized holiday stockings and decorations.
3. Conscious Consumerism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create sustainable and socially responsible alternatives to extravagant holiday decorations that contribute to noble causes.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce sustainable and ethically made designer holiday stockings and decor.
2. Craft and Hobby - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative technologies or materials that make DIY holiday decoration projects more accessible and enjoyable.
3. Charity and Philanthropy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establish new models for holiday decor sales that directly support charitable causes and give back to the community.