“The one with the gold makes the rules.” So says the first-ever quote on Walker Lamond’s blog, ‘1001 Rules for my Unborn Son’. This website is dedicated to accumulated pieces of wisdom or know-how in your day-to-day life. These are the things you have learned and thought to yourself, “That’s something I really need to pass on to my kids?” but you don’t have kids yet and you are afraid that in your youthful exuberance you may forget a thing or to.
Lamond records these learned lessons on the web for ‘1001 Rules for my Unborn Son’. It combines concise and witty observations and statements alongside cleverly selected photographs and songs. You can even submit your own rule, song or quote for publication on the site. In short, it’s a pleasure for everyone (not just sons and dads).
Due to the blog’s success of the blog, ‘1001 Rules for my Unborn Son’ has been published into a book, but the blog is far from over. The latest entry is only rule # 389 (After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it). Some of our favorite sage advice:
384. All drinking challenges must be accepted.
270. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
161. The keys to throwing a good party are a working stereo, christmas lights, and plenty of ice.
165. On a night out with the boys, never be the first to go home.
1. You Can Never Overdress
Father and Son
‘1001 Rules for My Unborn Son' Provides Words to Live by
1. Personal Wisdom Blogs - Opportunity for individuals to share accumulated wisdom and life lessons through blogs, providing valuable insights for a wide audience.
2. User-generated Content Platforms - Platforms that allow users to submit their own rules, quotes, or content for publication, creating a collaborative and diverse source of knowledge.
3. Book Adaptations From Successful Blogs - The opportunity to turn popular and well-received blogs into published books, expanding the reach of the content and catering to different audience preferences.
1. Parenting - Using personal wisdom blogs and user-generated content, parents can share valuable lessons and insights with each other, creating a supportive community in the parenting industry.
2. Publishing - Publishers can explore the potential of adapting successful blogs into books, capitalizing on the existing audience and popularity of the online content.
3. Social Media - Social media platforms can foster user-generated content communities, allowing individuals to share their wisdom and insights with a wide audience, driving engagement and user satisfaction.