I stumbled upon this treasure chest of golden awesomeness when the Webby Award Winners were announced and '1000 Awesome Things' won Best Culture/Personal Blog. Simple but brilliant, it was launched on June 20, 2008 and will update each weekday until it reaches the #1 Awesome Thing. As the blog puts it, it’s “just a time-ticking countdown of 1000 awesome things.”
What can you find on 1000 Awesome Things? The best thing you can do for yourself is to take a minute (that’s all it takes to read one entry, although even one is sure to entice you to read them all) and visit the blog. From “#678 Sneaking cheaper candy into the movie theater” to “#681 Realizing that you’re going to be in the background of someone’s picture and smiling at the last second,” 1000 Awesome Things takes everyday experiences and makes them into momentous occasions. Optimistic and nostalgic, I find it the perfect way to begin each day.
'1000 Awesome Things' Counts Down the Best Things About Life
1. Countdown Culture Blogs - A trend of blogs that feature countdowns of awesome things, highlighting the best things about life.
2. Nostalgic Content - A trend of creating content that evokes feelings of nostalgia, capturing and celebrating everyday experiences.
3. Daily Positive Inspiration - A trend of daily blogs or websites that provide uplifting and positive content to start the day on a good note.
1. Blogging - The blogging industry can leverage the trend of countdown culture blogs to engage audiences and create anticipation-driven content.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can tap into the trend of nostalgic content by creating nostalgic TV shows, movies, or social media campaigns that resonate with audiences.
3. Personal Development - The personal development industry can utilize the trend of daily positive inspiration to offer daily affirmations, motivational quotes, and actionable advice to help individuals start their day with a positive mindset.