Let's all let out a collective "Awww," because Bitsy the 1.5-pound cat is possibly the cutest and smallest cat in the world.
The 1.5-pound cat is 6.5 inches tall and 18 inches long. Her owner, Auriette Lindsey, has sent in an application to the Guinness Book of World Records to see if she is in fact the winner of the tiny cat title.
Even if she's not, the 1.5-pound cat is ridiculously adorable, another title worth vying for.
Implications - Lindsey had to go to extraordinary lengths to prove her cat is, in fact, the world's tiniest. She sent pictures and videos that document the measuring process to make sure it was all done properly and fairly.
Auriette Lindsey Thinks Bitsy is the World's Tiniest Feline
1. Tiny Animals - The trend of tiny animals, like the 1.5-pound cat, gaining attention and popularity creates opportunities in pet accessories and specialized veterinary care.
2. World Record Competitions - The trend of individuals and owners seeking recognition in world record competitions provides opportunities in event organizing, PR and marketing, and various related industries.
3. Adorable Viral Content - The trend of cute and adorable viral content, such as the 1.5-pound cat, presents opportunities in online media, entertainment, and merchandise sales.
1. Pet Accessories - The pet accessories industry could develop specialized products and services tailored for tiny animals like the 1.5-pound cat.
2. Veterinary Care - The veterinary care industry could explore specialized treatments and care plans for small and delicate animals, catering to the needs of owners like Auriette Lindsey.
3. Event Management - The event management industry has the potential to organize and host world record competitions for various categories, including the tiniest animals.