The inconvenient thing about free weights is that, when you aren't intending to work out, it can take a frustrating amount of effort to move them. These Magnetic Dumbbells would solve this problem in a very innovative way.
Together with Juhyeon Lee and Hongseok Kim, Suhyun Yoo developed these compact rings that can be gripped in the hand or worn around your forearm or your bicep so that they're nice and easy to use. You'll notice an ON button on one side of the heavy hoop, and this activates the electromagnets inside of it. An integrated dial and a switch enable you to adjust the settings of the Magnetic Dumbbell by altering the polarity within it. This is what gives you a full range of 3 to 24kg.
Magnetic Dumbbells Can Shed Their Mass So They're Optimized for Portability
1. Magnetic Workout Equipment - The integration of electromagnets into workout equipment presents opportunities for greater portability and convenience.
2. Smart Adjustable Weights - Adjustable weights with integrated controls enable greater usability and customization for users.
3. Wearable Workout Technology - Compact workout equipment that can be worn on the body presents disruptive opportunities for workout routines.
1. Fitness Equipment Manufacturing - Manufacturers in the fitness industry can capitalize on the development of innovative, tech-enabled workout equipment.
2. Wearable Technology - The integration of workout equipment into wearables presents opportunities for disruption in the fitness and tech industries.
3. Smart Home Products - The development of smart, adjustable weights presents opportunities for the integration of workout equipment into the smart home ecosystem.