Fire breathing robots, flaming graffiti, and burning hairstyles, today we hunt: fun with fire.
10. Fire Tagging puts a smokin’ twist on graffiti: NYC street artists are creating flaming graffiti by scrawling their signatures in lighter fluid, then setting it on fire.
9. Who needs a dragon when you have a fire breathing robot? At Roppongi Art Night in Japan, this 24 foot fire monster was spitting fiery awesomeness.
8. No one wants burning hair, but when Steven Klein set Coco Rocha’s locks on fire, it was surprisingly ciik. Interestingly, Coco dyed her hair flaming red shortly after.
7. Fire lovers rejoice. The next generation of fireplaces for the home range from fire suitcases to fake campfires.
6. This East London guerrilla art show for Mutate Britai features freaky music and performances by Joanna Peacock, her friends and Lrry1, a fire-breathing monster.
5. If you have cotton, scissors, string, a needle and a whole lot of lighter fluid, you can make your own fire balls.
4. This man was intentionally set on fire to raise awareness for burn victims at the World Barbecue Championships in Belgium. Clever.
3. Speaking of lighting yourself on fire, The Human Fireball Game is a dangerous craze among the youth of today—teens are lighting themselves on fire using aerosol deodorant or hairspray, then recording it for YouTube. The goal of the game is to be the biggest living flame.
2. Sky Lanterns are a much gentler approach to fun with fire. The paper hot air balloons just need to be lit, and they’ll soar into the sky. There’s a whole festival for Sky Lanterns in Taiwan each year.
1. Miu Miu got Katie Holmes to play with fire for their Spring/Summer 2009 line. The campaign was by Fellini, an Italian film director famous for meshing fantasy, baroque images and awesomeness.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Fire Breathing Robot
Stats for Fun With Fire
Trending: Older & Mild
Research: 20,472 clicks in 365 w
Interest: > 3 minutes
Concept: Fun With Fire
Related: 46 examples / 35 photos
Segment: Neutral, 18-55
Comparison Set: 17 similar articles, including: sky lanterns, 17 futuristic fireplaces, and fellini-inspired ad campaigns.
Fun With Fire
More Stats +/-
17 Futuristic Fireplaces
Fellini-Inspired Ad Campaigns
Guerrilla Art Fire Shows