With the recession always at the back of our minds, we are taking things into our own hands to try to save money. These are 5 ways in which people are cutting back during these tough times:
1. Taking showers instead of baths – Reports from Unilever suggest sales of bubble bath are on the decrease.
2. Buying frozen food instead of fresh – Supermarket sales indicate steep rises in purchases of frozen food items.
3. Making your own lunch – Sales of lunch boxes are up 68% at Robert Dyas
4. DIY hair dying – Home hair dye kit sales are up 27%
5. Tap water instead of expensive bottled water – Sales of bottled water have dropped 15% over the past year.
Credit Crunch Cut-Backs
1,618 clicks in 280 w
More Stats +/-
18 Eco Tips For The Credit Crunch
Crowdsourced Credit Crunch Advice
Calculating Money Saved by Walking
Designer Budget Tips
Ways the Recession is Forcing Us to Change the Way We Live
By: Strawberries and Champagne - Published: Mar 14, 2009 • References: mirror