Superstar

Jaffa Cakes Representatives Travel the UK to Offer Public Samples

By: Jordy Eleni - Published: • References: jaffacakes & facebook
30-year-old comedian Donal Coonan has spent an entire week traveling the UK on behalf of the desert brand McTivie's Jaffa Cakes. Operating under the conditions of his alter-ego the 'Jaffa Man,' Coonan searched far and wide for English adults who had yet to taste the company's iconic orange sweets. According to new statistics, 94.8% of the UK's adult population has consumed the product, and Coonan took it upon himself to ensure that the remaining 5.2% had their fair share as well.

This aggressive marketing campaign is quite hands on. The film team that followed Coonan's path revealed the man dressed in a funky pin stripe suit and top hat, getting the attention of passersby who were either familiar or unfamiliar with the treat. It is likely that these direct interactions will leave lasting impressions on UK citizens, largely to the benefit of Jaffa Cakes sales.

Images Courtesy of Mischief PR Stats for Country-Wide Culinary Tastings Trending: Older & Mild
Traction: 732 clicks in 133 w
Interest: 1.6 minutes
Concept: Jaffa Cakes
Related: 82 examples / 63 photos
Segment: Neutral, 12-55+
Comparison Set: 30 similar articles, including: potted plant confections, flirty duo desserts, and needle-skewered craft cakes.