Cruises aren’t just for hedonistic couples, families and jet-setters: Geek cruises are becoming more dominant within the field of hospitality on the high seas.
These 8 geek cruises will whet any nerd’s appetite for adventure:
1. MacMania - Tour the Eastern Mediterranean and become an Apple Certified Support Professional by taking the course and exam on-board.
2. Evolution Emanation - Tour the South Caribbean and the Panama Canal, and while you’re at sea, take any or all of the 20 evolution-themed senimars offered.
3. Shakespeare at Sea - A cruise for word nerds (finally!). This transatlantic cruise features fourteen lectures given and attended by noteworthy Shakespeare academics.
4. Caribbean Gambit Chess Cruise - Chess players will hone their skills, attend strategy and tactical seminars and let loose in tournament play.
5. Carnival Video Game Cruise - This weekend cruise goes from Long Beach, California to Ensenada, Mexico, and is sponsored by the National Academy of Video Game Testers and Reviewers COrp (NAVIGaTR). It features game competitions, a performance by Video Games Live ™ and--who?--Cloris Leachman.
6. Captain Cane’s Pirate Adventure Cruise - Cruise through the Caribbean with Captain Cane, sing pirate songs, eat pirate food and fire a cannon.
7. GalactiCruise - This one just celebrated its 30th annual cruise, but the theme is Battlestar Galactica and featured cameos from castmembers.
8. RIAdventure - A tour of the Bahamas for ColdFusion, Flex and AIR programmers.
Travel for Nerds
More Stats +/-
76 Pro-Geek Innovations
Ultra Luxury, Monster Cruise Ships
High-Tech Concept Cafes
Death Row Meal Photography