Despite all the statistics and warnings, drinking and driving remains to be a huge concern, as revealed by this Effects of Drunk Driving Infographic.
According to the chart, drunk driving accidents cost each US citizen roughly $500 a year, a total of $114.3 billion annually. While that price alone is alarming, more tragic is the fact that drivers end up paying for only 37% of the damage while victims end up having to cover the other 63%.
While natural disasters tend to take the focus when they cause deaths, drinking and driving-related fatalities occur 15 times more often than those caused by the environment. While the evidence is irrefutable, people still continue to drink and drive despite the blatant disregard for other people's livelihood.
Stats for Impaired Driver Statistics
Trending: Older & Chilly
Research: 3,121 clicks in 208 w
Interest: 0.9 minutes
Concept: Effects Of Drunk Driving Infographic
Related: 36 examples / 28 photos
Segment: Males, 18-55
Comparison Set: 13 similar articles, including: 15 consequences of drinking, 42 non-alcoholic drinks, and public alcohol testers.
Impaired Driver Statistics
More Stats +/-
42 Non-Alcoholic Drinks
15 Consequences of Drinking
Public Alcohol Testers
Faking Fatal Crashes
Artsy Drunk Driving Ads