During a virtual safari, visitors of the Futuroscope in Poitiers (France) can learn about future animals. The exposition shows how the fauna of our planet evolve over the next million years.
It is not likely that anyone of us will have the pleasure to experience the changes and meet the future animals personally, so the experience is unique and exciting. More importantly, the exhibit sends a message. The animals showcase the impact on evolution driven by our destructive way-of-life.
The sketched environment and the animals are the results of a theory developed by a British scientists who studied the geological movements of the earth, the climate and the capacity of fauna to adapt.
Since I live in the delta of the AmazÃ´nia, I will feature animals of the future from the same region:
1) The 'baboukari' is the descendant of the white uacari monkey with the red face' (Cacajo calvus), which, according to researchers can only be found in the AmazÃ´nia. In the theory of the future, the 'baboukari' will not live in trees any longer as there will be no trees in the AmazÃ´nia. The baboukari will use their tail, not for balancing between branches, but to communicate with each other in the high vegetation of Savannah, a future AmazÃ´nia region.
2) The 'tortunossauro' evolves from the giant tortoise (podocnemis expansa). In 100 million years this tortoise will be the largest land animal with a height of 7 meters. Largest than the dinosaur, he will weigh some 120 metric tons, 40 times an elephant. Without having to face predators, he will lose the better part of his shell.
3) A descendant of the rodent, the capivara (hydrochaeris hydrochaeris), has densely covered skin, a densely covered shell and callous spines, like a porcupine.
4) The future terrestrial birds seem to have evolved from the turkey or the ostrich. Thanks to its sturdy legs, this bird will be one of the fastest predators of the AmazÃ´nia.
5) The 'large blue glider' will live on the mountaintops. As it is in the air most of its time, evolution has given the bird two pairs of wings with a 15 meter wingspan. To protect the bird from the sun, the feathers will be a reflective, metallic blue.
It is a pity really that the exposition does not show a projection of the future human being. Probably because humans will have cooked themselves extinct...
For a full photo gallery, go to: BBC Brasil
For more detailed descriptions, go to: Brazil In Hot Pants
Stats for Animals of the Future
Trending: Older & Buzzing
Research: 52,019 clicks in 419 w
Interest: 4 minutes
Concept: Animals Of The Future
Related: 66 examples / 51 photos
Segment: Neutral, 18-55
Comparison Set: 24 similar articles, including: convenient typing apps, keg-optimizing apps, and female sanitation products.
Animals of the Future
More Stats +/-
Convenient Typing Apps
Female Sanitation Products
Press-to-Sip Water Bottles
Light-Bathed Tiny Homes