The ladies over at Mister Sister Comedy have created a hilarious meeting-your-younger-self video that will most likely give you a panic attack about who you’ve become.
The girls are accosted with rapid-fire questions from their second-grade selves, who anxiously want to know their marital status, occupation and why on God’s green earth they cut their hair like that. Disappointed with the answers (they’re all unmarried comedians—not a single veterinarian in the bunch), the younger selves begin sobbing and commiserating about their “loser” future selves. While the girls are defensive at first (that English Lit degree was really useful, I swear), it’s not long before everyone’s in tears.
This video might be funny, but it also hits close to home. If I appeased the dreams of my seven-year-old self, I would be a famous actress married to a Backstreet Boy right about now.
This Younger Self Video Asks the Hard-Hitting Questions
1. Meeting-your-younger-self Videos - Opportunity to create funny and relatable videos that explore the disconnect between our childhood dreams and adult reality.
2. Rapid-fire Questioning - Disruptive innovation opportunities for interactive platforms that allow users to answer rapid-fire questions from their younger selves.
3. Nostalgic Reflection - Potential for products or services that tap into the sentimentality of reflecting on our past and the dreams we once had.
1. Entertainment - Opportunity for comedians, content creators, and production companies to produce engaging and relatable meeting-your-younger-self videos.
2. Social Media - Disruptive innovation potential for interactive social media platforms that facilitate users to share their own meeting-your-younger-self experiences.
3. Personal Development - Potential for personal development coaches or therapists to incorporate meeting-your-younger-self exercises into their practices for emotional exploration and growth.