Kanye West, now known as Ye, has debuted the YEEZY Season 9 collection at Paris Fashion Week. The new seasonal collection features the brand’s signature all-black colorway on a variety of silhouettes, including oversized ponchos, puffer jackets, and an innovative pair of 3D-printed boots that fans have seen the rapper sporting as a part of his daily outfit rotation.
The 3D-printed boots were designed in collaboration with Brooklyn studio Zellerfeld, adopting the label’s 3D-printing technology in order to produce a functional pair of custom-printed footwear.
This footwear offering was also designed without the help of Ye’s long-time collaborator adidas, signifying the new pathway the artist has chosen to take when it comes to fashion. The 3D-printed YZY boots can be viewed online.
Image Credit: Zellerfeld, DondaCreative
Ye Taps Zellerfeld to Launch a 3D-Printed Boot for YEEZY Season 9
1. 3d-printed Footwear - There is an opportunity for companies to invest in 3D-printing technology for custom shoe manufacturing.
2. Fashion-tech Collaborations - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to collaborate with tech studios to create innovative products.
3. Fashion Without Traditional Partnerships - There is an opportunity for designers to create fashion without relying on traditional partnerships with established brands.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate 3D-printing technology to create customizable and innovative footwear.
2. Technology - Tech companies can partner with fashion brands to create unique and innovative products using 3D-printing technology.
3. Design - Designers can choose to create fashion collections without relying on traditional brand partnerships to increase their creative control.