These Wulin Plaza piano stairs don't just resemble the keys of the vibrating stringed instrument, they actually make sounds when you walk on them. The curious black and white stairwell is located in Hangzhou, China. Individuals are able to to play on the keys as if they were banging on the real instrument to make their own melodies.
The sounds that emit from stepping on the rectangular steps are melodious and in accordance to the movement of your feet. If you run, the sound will appear jumbled and clamorous. If you walk, you will be able to hear more of a rhythm, like the beginning of a very catchy melody.
Altogether the Wulin Plaza piano stairs has 54 steps that guests are able to toy with and create there own musical experience.
The Wulin Plaza Piano Stairs Let You Walk Out a Melody as You Climb Them
1. Interactive Staircase - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create interactive staircases that engage users and transform a mundane chore into an enjoyable experience.
2. Multisensory Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate auditory and tactile elements into architectural and interior design to create immersive and engaging environments.
3. Gamification of Daily Activities - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Gamify everyday tasks like walking up stairs to make them more enjoyable and encourage physical activity.
1. Architecture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate interactive and sensory elements into architectural designs to create unique and engaging spaces.
2. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to incorporate interactive and multisensory elements into interior design, enhancing user experiences.
3. Gaming - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop gamified solutions that encourage physical activity and turn daily tasks into enjoyable experiences.