The Rufus Cuff is a wrist communicator that can be paired with iPhone and Android smartphones to provide full-scale smartphone functionality accessible on a futuristic interface.
The first design problem associated with smart watches and wrist communicators has to do with size; any product that is to provide smartphone functionality is likely to be too big to comfortably wear on the wrist. But while the Rufus Cuff admittedly has a huge screen, the asymmetrical design allows the wristband to be reasonably normal-sized.
This wrist communicator also has a front-facing camera for video chat, a powerful Cortex AB processor and Bluetooth 4.0 for lightning fast connectivity with your smartphone.
The Rufus Cuff is still in conceptual stage and there is no working prototype. Its inventors are running an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to bring the idea to fruition.
This Wrist Communicator is a Wearable Computer for Your Wrist
1. Wearable Technology - The Rufus Cuff showcases the trend of wearable technology with its wrist communicator concept.
2. Smartphone Integration - The Rufus Cuff taps into the trend of seamless smartphone integration by allowing users to pair the wrist communicator with their iPhone or Android devices.
3. Future Interfaces - The Rufus Cuff highlights the trend of futuristic interfaces with its innovative design for accessing smartphone functionality.
1. Consumer Electronics - The Consumer Electronics industry can explore the disruptive innovation opportunity of creating more advanced and user-friendly wearable technology.
2. Communication Technology - The Communication Technology industry can capitalize on the trend of smartphone integration by developing products that seamlessly connect with smartphones for enhanced functionality.
3. Design and Manufacturing - The Design and Manufacturing industry can embrace the trend of future interfaces by creating innovative and aesthetically pleasing wearable devices.