A chinese man, Mr Tan, of Songyuan city, has successfully built what is reported to be the world's largest working cell phone.
It took him six months to build the 3ft high phone, which weighs about 48lbs. It is an exact copy of his own phone that is 620 times bigger.
He incorporated all the features of his mobile into the bigger model, "The only other difference is that I didn't incorporate the vibrate function," he said.
Implications - Although this cell phone may be a whopping 3 feet long, it still has to be plugged into an electrical source to charge its battery. However, the phone certainly can be used to text and call, which makes it super fun and functional!
World's Largest Mobile Actually Works
1. Gigantic Gadgets - There is a trend towards building oversized gadgets that are functional and amusing.
2. Extreme Personalization - Using technology to create customized novelty items that reflect the creator's personality is a growing trend.
3. Tech-savvy Art - Creating over-sized gadgets is a form of tech-based art that's gaining in popularity.
1. Consumer Electronics - The industry could capitalize on extending the trend towards over-sized functional gadgets, like this giant cell phone.
2. Novelty Products - Companies could explore the possibilities of personalized over-sized gadgets as unique novelty items.
3. Art - Creating over-sized gadgets could become an innovative approach for artists intersecting technology and art.